1. Important information and who we are
Full name of legal entity: YouT Applications Limited Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 130 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BD
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or, if you are located in the EEA, to the supervisory authority in the country that you reside in. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
· Identity Data includes first name, last name, nickname and year of birth.
· Contact Data includes postcode, city, country, email address, Google ID or Apple ID and telephone numbers.
· Location Data includes your physical location;
· Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the website.
· Profile Data includes your username and password, the groups you have joined, preferences and any feedback you provide.
· Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
· Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing and/or offers from us and other third parties, and your communication preferences. It also includes information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, message contents, attachments, or other information you choose to provide when you contact us. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our website.
· Event Data includes the events you create and invite friends to and may include the attendees, place, time, and any other details about an event that you include.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
· Direct interactions. You may give us, or allow us access to, your Identity, Contact, Location, Profile and Marketing and Communications Data when you use our services.
· Third parties. If you choose to sign up to the website using an Apple ID or Google ID, we will receive information you permit those platforms to share with us.
· Automated technologies or indirect interactions. As you interact with our services, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns and Usage Data about how you use our website, app, products and services. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although, when we are required to do so, we will get your consent before sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Purpose/Activity Type of data Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer (a) Identity (b) Contact Performance of a contract with you
To provide you with the services that
you request from us (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Location (d) Technical (e) Profile (f) Usage (g) Marketing and Communications Data Performance of a contract with you
To manage our relationship with you
which will include:
(a) Notifying you about changes to
(b) Asking you to leave a review or
take a survey (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Marketing and Communications (a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To administer and protect our
business and, our website and our
app (including troubleshooting, data
analysis, testing, system
maintenance, support, reporting and
hosting of data) (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Profile (e) Usage (f) Location (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant content and
offers to you within our app and/or
on our website and to measure or
understand the effectiveness of the (a) Identity (b) Contact Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing
content we serve to you (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical (g) Location strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our
website, app, products/services,
marketing, customer relationships
and experiences (a) Technical (b) Usage Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To comply with our legal obligations
and to protect our business,
(a) Taking precautions against
(b) Protecting ourselves and others
from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful
uses of our website
(c) Investigating and protecting
ourselves against third-party claims
(d) Protecting the security or
integrity of our website
(e) Enforcing our legal rights or
those of others (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical (g) Location (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to enforce our terms and protect our business) (b) Performance of a contract with you (c) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Location, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or requested services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes for which we will use your personal data set out above.
· Internal third parties when required to operate our business.
· External third parties when required to operate our business, including third parties that operate venues that we think you may wish to visit.
· Service providers we work with in order to operate the website, including IT hosting and maintenance services. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
· Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our
· Law enforcement and government agencies.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International transfers
Some of the external third parties that we use to operate our business may based outside the UK and the EEA, so their processing of your personal data could involve a transfer of data outside those regions.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK or the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring appropriate safeguards are implemented.
7. Data security
We have put in place reasonable security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove content that you publicly posted, you may submit a request by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Removing the public content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
9. Your Choices
Sharing preferences. We provide you with settings to allow you to set your sharing preferences for content you post on our app. To change whether certain information is viewable to third parties, you can adjust the settings on the
app. Additional information regarding these settings can found here [insert link to FAQ or other information, if available].
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings. However, location is core to the website and without it, you may not be able to successfully use the website.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Updating Your Information. You can update your account and profile information or close your account through your profile settings.
10. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These are the rights to:
· request access to your personal data;
· request correction of your personal data;
· request erasure of your personal data;
· object to processing of your personal data;
· request restriction of processing your personal data;
· request transfer of your personal data; and/or
· withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out abo
Get in touch with the team, we want to hear from you.